If you’ve ever had an ant problem in your Fort Myers home, you know how annoying they can be. Ants aren’t just annoying; they can also cause serious issues. They can make it difficult to relax, contaminate your food, and damage your home. If ants have been making their way inside, you need to eliminate them as soon as possible.
Stat Pest Control is here to help. Our ant control services are second to none. We use only the most effective products that eliminate ants while also being safe for your family, pets, and surroundings. Our ant pest control professionals know precisely where these pesky pests like to hide and what they eat. When we eliminate them, they stay eliminated—no more ants in the kitchen or around your Fort Myers home.
Call us today to schedule your free inspection, and let us show you why Stat Pest Control is your best option for ant pest control in Fort Myers.
Habits And Behaviors Of Home-Invading Ants
If you've ever found an ant in your home, chances are it was just a straggler who found its way in by accident. However, certain s of ants deliberately invade homes for food and shelter. These insects are tough to eliminate, so it's essential to know how to identify them and their habits and behaviors. Here are some of the most common home-invading ants in Fort Myers and what you need to know about them:
- Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants are one of the most common ants that invade homes. They get their name from their habit of excavating wood to build their nests. Carpenter ants are attracted to homes with moisture damage, so it's vital to repair any leaks or water damage as soon as possible. These ants are also attracted to sweet things like honey or candy, so keep these items sealed up tightly.
- Odorous House Ants: As their name implies, these ants emit an unpleasant smell when crushed. These ants are attracted to sweets like honey and sugar but eat just about anything else, including insects, meats, and cheeses. Odorous house ants usually nest outdoors, but they will come inside if they find a food source they can't access from outside.
- Argentine Ants: Argentine ants are one of the most difficult home-invading ant species to eliminate. They don't have a strong hierarchal structure like other ant species, which means that if you kill the queen, another ant will take her place. Argentine ants also don't typically establish just one nest; instead, they have many small nests that are all interconnected. Even if you eliminate one nest, the others will quickly replenish it. These ants are attracted to sweets and proteins, so keep food sealed tightly and put away any containers of sugar or honey.
- Pavement Ants: Pavement ants got their name for their habit of nesting in cracks in concrete or asphalt pavements. However, these ants will also nest indoors if they find a suitable place. Cracks in foundation walls or around doors and windows are good places for pavement ants to establish their nests since they provide easy home access. Pavement ants are attracted to both sweets and grease.
- Pharaoh Ants: Pharaoh ants are also challenging to control because they reproduce quickly. A single pharaoh ant colony can contain hundreds of thousands of individual insects. These ants get their name from their yellow-and-black coloration, which resembles that of ancient Egyptian royalty. They can spread bacteria such as salmonella and staphylococcus throughout your home, making them a serious health threat.
If you're having trouble with any of these ants in your home, Stat Pest Control can help. We offer comprehensive ant control in Fort Myers that will eliminate any existing infestations and keep them from returning. If you are dealing with an infestation, call us for a free inspection today.
It Can Be Dangerous To Have Ants In Your Home
Like most homeowners in Fort Myers, you’ve probably experienced an infestation of ants at some point in your life. Ants can be a nuisance, but they’re not usually dangerous. However, there are a few situations where they can pose a real threat. Here are just a few of the dangers ants can cause in your home:
- They can spread harmful bacteria: Some ants, such as pharaoh ants, can spread bacteria, such as salmonella and staphylococcus. These are both serious diseases that can make you sick.
- They can sting: Fire ants, in particular, are known for their painful stings. Although you're most likely to see them outdoors, where they build their ant hills, they can also enter your home through cracks in the foundation.
- They can cause allergic reactions: Some people are allergic to fire ant stings and might react to them with an itchy throat, coughing, or shortness of breath. In severe cases, it can lead to a life-threatening reaction called anaphylaxis.
- They can damage your home: Carpenter ants are particularly destructive because they can chew through wood, leading to extensive damage to your home.
If you are experiencing problems with ants, it is crucial to call the professionals at Stat Pest Control. We offer professional ant control in your Fort Myers home to quickly eliminate the infestation and prevent future problems. To learn more, contact us today.
Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Around The House
It’s a fact; ants in Fort Myers are a problem. They can contaminate your food, damage your house, or even become a plain nuisance. It’s essential to have a plan of attack to eliminate these pests. Luckily, we have a few easy and effective ant prevention tips for around the house that you can use to keep them out:
- Keep your home clean: One of the best ways to prevent ants from invading your home is to make sure that your home is clean. Ensure all surfaces are clean, and don’t leave crumbs behind in your kitchen. Make sure that your floors are clear of dirt. It would help if you kept trash cans properly sealed to keep them from attracting ants.
- Seal cracks and cracks: If you have gaps or cracks in your home that are big enough to let ants in, you need to seal them. You can use caulk, duct tape, or even a piece of plywood. Once you have done this, you should make sure that you remove any old food or debris that may have been inside the cracks.
- Use natural repellents: There are many natural repellents that you can use around your house to keep the ants away. Some of these include citrus, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle these around your home to prevent the ants from coming inside.
If you've tried these methods and the ants still march in, it's time to call in the professionals. Stat Pest Control offers reliable ant control solutions in Fort Myers that can remove those pesky ants. Our experienced technicians will quickly identify the source of your infestation and provide a customized solution to help you eliminate ants for good. Call us today for a free inspection.
Professional Ant Control For Fort Myers Homes
If you’re like most Fort Myers homeowners, you’ve probably spent at least a few hours dealing with ants this year. They’ve been invading your kitchen, bathroom, garage, and other places you don’t want them to be. They’ve been making a mess and ruining your peace of mind. It’s time to take action.
Stat Pest Control understands that you have a lot on your plate and don’t want to spend time dealing with these pests. That’s why we offer professional ant control for homeowners in Fort Myers to help you exterminate these pests. Our team is friendly, respectful, and experienced, equipped with the latest tools and techniques to identify the source of your infestation and provide a customized solution to eliminate the ants.
We also offer outdoor ant control solutions for fire ants and carpenter ants, so you can enjoy your outdoor space without worrying about an infestation. We only use safe, EPA-approved products that won’t harm your family, pets, or the environment.
Whether you’re dealing with carpenter ants, fire ants, or any other ant problem, we have the solutions to help you control them effectively and efficiently. Why wait? Call us today for a free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Fort Myers; you'll be glad you did.