A Convenient Guide To Keeping Pests Out Of Your Fort Myers Home
March 07, 2023
Here in Fort Myers, we're no strangers to pests. From cockroaches and ants to rodents and termites, these critters can wreak havoc on your home if you're not careful. While there are many store-bought solutions to keeping pests out, they often come with harsh chemicals that can be dangerous for you and your family. Luckily, several natural solutions are just as effective, if not more so. In this guide, we will explore some of the most common pests and pest control in Fort Myers and how to keep them out of your home using natural methods. Continue reading for a convenient guide to keeping your home pest-free all year.
Pests Can Plague Fort Myers Homes All Year Long
Pests can be a nuisance no matter what time of year, but they can be especially troublesome in Fort Myers homes during the warmer months. Heat and humidity during the summer draw in a variety of pests, including ants, cockroaches, and mosquitoes. While these pests may not cause serious harm to your home or family, they can be highly irritating and difficult to get rid of.
Pest Infestations Can Lead To Health Risks and Property Damage
Pest infestations can lead to several health risks for humans, including exposure to bacteria and viruses, bites or stings, and even allergic reactions. In addition, pests can cause damage to your property, including chewing through wiring, contaminating food, and leaving droppings everywhere. If you find out you have a pest problem, it's essential to call a professional to analyze the situation and advise the best course of treatment. We recommend consulting with Stat Pest Control professionals for the best results. Ignoring a pest problem can lead to severe consequences, so don't take any chances!
Six Eco-Friendly Pest Prevention Tips for Your Home
But when it comes to pest prevention, you can use several eco-friendly strategies to keep pests at bay. Here are some helpful tips to keep pests away from your home:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free: Pests are attracted to clutter and dirt, so the first step in preventing them is to keep your home tidy and clean. Vacuum regularly, sweep and mop floors, and dust surfaces. Don't forget to declutter, too – getting rid of piles of clothes, books, and other items will make it difficult for pests to find hiding places.
- Store food properly: One main reason pests invade homes is that they're looking for food. To prevent them from finding what they're after, store food in airtight containers and empty the garbage regularly.
- Keep an eye on your pet's food bowl: Pets are another common food source for pests, so keeping their food bowls clean is important. Pick up uneaten food right away, wash bowls daily, and store pet food in a sealed container when not in use.
- Hire a professional: Hire a professional pest control company like Stat Pest Control to make sure that the job is done right the first time with no unpleasant surprises!
- Keep inspecting your garden: Frequently inspect garden plants for signs of infestation, such as wilting leaves or chewed stems which may indicate mites on tomatoes or aphids on roses.
- Use precautionary measures: Seal any cracks or minor openings around your home that could provide entry for pests.
These eco-friendly pest prevention tips for your home can save you and your family from many problems pests can cause. So, make sure to implement these steps.
The Benefits of On-Going Pest Control for Your Home
If you're like most people, the thought of pests in your home is enough to make your skin crawl. Having your home infested with insects and rodents is the last thing you want. Not only are they very unsightly, but they can also carry diseases that can harm your family.
That's why having a quality pest control plan is vital to keep them out of your Fort Myers home. A good pest control brand like Stat Pest Control will work with you to create a customized plan that fits your specific needs. They will also provide ongoing services to ensure that your home remains pest-free.
There are many benefits to having ongoing local pest control for your home. Here are just a few:
- It will save you money in the long run.
- It will keep your family safe from harm.
- It will give you peace of mind.
All in all, getting professional help from Stat Pest Control can be the perfect thing you can do to avoid pest attacks in your homes.