Fort Myers Homeowners' Guide To Total Cockroach Control
December 11, 2022
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in Fort Myers homes. They can cause a variety of health issues and are often difficult to remove. However, there are several steps you can take to prevent cockroach infestations and keep them out of your home. If you do find yourself with a cockroach infestation, professional assistance can help you eliminate all of the cockroaches in your home. Using reliable, professional Fort Myers pest control from Stat Pest Control can help you get rid of cockroaches for good.
Types Of Cockroaches That Commonly Invade Fort Myers Homes
Accurate cockroach identification aids in finding the right treatment methods. Fort Myers is home to many types of roaches, and treatment methods will vary depending on the type of cockroach you're dealing with. Here are a few of the most common area cockroaches:
- The German cockroach is one of the most common roaches in Fort Myers homes. It's small, tan-colored, and can be easily identified by the two dark stripes on its back. German cockroach control is often necessary to prevent a full-scale infestation.
- The Oriental cockroach is another common roach found in Fort Myers homes. This species has a dark brown color and is slightly larger than the German cockroach. Oriental cockroaches can easily enter your home through small cracks in walls or doors.
- The American cockroach is also very common in Florida, but it's much larger than the German roach, reaching up to more than two inches long. It has a shiny brown color that makes it easier to spot in your home. American cockroaches have wings and can fly short distances.
- The brown-banded cockroach is smaller than both the American and German species, with a light brown body and two darker bands across its body segments. They're often found hiding under structures such as appliances or furniture because of their tendency not to fly away when disturbed by humans or other animals. This makes them even harder for homeowners to see early on before they become major pests!
No matter what type of cockroach has found its way into your home, Stat Pest Control can help with effective cockroach control treatments that will safely eliminate an infestation.
Why A Cockroach Infestation In The Home Is A Major Health Risk
Cockroaches are not just annoying pests; they can also be a health hazard to you and your family. Cockroaches can carry bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens that can make you sick.
The pathogens that cockroaches carry can cause various diseases such as food poisoning, salmonellosis, and gastroenteritis. They also transmit disease organisms through their body parts, saliva, and feces. They contaminate household surfaces by leaving droppings or simply walking over surfaces, depositing bacteria and other pathogens on these surfaces that people touch every day.
Cockroaches can cause allergies in some people who are susceptible to them (elderly people especially), aggravate respiratory issues like asthma in children or those with breathing problems such as smokers or asthmatics, and cause infections in those who are immunocompromised. You don't want to wait until roaches have infested your home and created more problems for you later. Get rid of them now!
Five Simple Yet Effective Cockroach Prevention Tips
Cockroaches in Fort Myers are a common problem for homeowners. It's important to keep your home clean and well ventilated to ward off these pests. Here are five simple yet effective cockroach prevention tips:
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers.
- Keep your garbage cans covered and clean.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Eliminate water sources for cockroaches (e.g., leaks from pipes or drains).
- Seal cracks and crevices around pipes and windows using silicone-based sealant.
If cockroaches have found their way into your home despite prevention efforts, it's time to call in the pros.
The Most Effective Cockroach Control For Fort Myers Homeowners
DIY cockroach control treatments are ineffective at best and fail to address an entire infestation. To thoroughly remove cockroaches from your Fort Myers home, you need the help of pest control professionals who are experienced in cockroach control. Don't hesitate to get professional help from the experts at Stat Pest Control. We pride ourselves on effective treatments that are safe for kids and pets. We provide safe, reliable home pest control in Fort Myers that you can count on. If you want to prevent and eliminate these pests from your home, call today.