Roaches In Your Fort Myers Home Are A Bigger Problem Than You May Think
February 25, 2023
It's not just people who get drawn to Florida's beautiful and comfy climate every day. Cockroaches are attracted to the warm and humid atmosphere, too. Fort Myers sees surges in cockroach infestations every year, leaving homeowners scrambling to find a solution.
But that doesn't mean you can (or should) live with cockroaches in your Fort Myers home. Read on to discover why these pests are so dangerous and what you can do to keep your home safe from invasive cockroaches. Contact Stat Pest Control when you need the ultimate pest control in Fort Myers.
One Cockroach Usually Means Many More
If you've never found yourself overwhelmed by cockroaches, you might wonder how an infestation can go unnoticed. With so many disgusting bugs skittering about the floors and walls, leaving no surface untouched, how do homeowners miss their presence?
Homeowners often don't realize they're living with an infestation until the number of cockroaches outgrows their surroundings. One of the characteristics of cockroaches that allows them to go undetected is a preference for dark places. So when you spot them during daylight, it usually means the bugs are searching for more space to expand.
If you only see one roach, you can rest assured that there are many more hidden away in the unseen spots of your home. The sooner you call Stat Pest Control for Florida's best cockroach control, the sooner you can start shrinking and eliminating the infestation for good. Our team even offers free estimates so we can better assess your situation.
Why It's Dangerous to Have Roaches in Your Home
Roaches are far from harmless. These notorious pests may not be as aggressive as other insects, but they are still a dire threat to your health. Here's a brief look at how cockroaches can harm your health and safety:
- They contaminate everything they touch: Roaches are scavengers by nature and are incredibly filthy. They pass on the germs they carry to everything they touch, including food and water, and can make you ill through contact.
- Roaches can cause physical injury: They don't bite, but cockroaches can scratch and wound skin with their pointed legs. Even a shallow cut can develop into an infection.
- Cockroaches can trigger allergic reactions through their waste and exoskeletons: A component of these waste byproducts contaminates the air, potentially creating breathing problems. Children are more susceptible to cockroach allergies than adults.
The longer you live with cockroaches, the worse these problems will become. To keep yourself safe, call on our extermination experts at Stat Pest Control when you first notice signs of a cockroach infestation. We'll remove pests quickly and safely to protect your health better.
Eliminate Factors that Attract Roaches into Your Home
What leads roaches to infest one house and not another? It all comes down to the condition of your home; if your living space provides them with what they need to survive, cockroaches will move in and take control. Knowing how to keep cockroaches away is the best way to lower your chances of becoming a victim. Follow these steps to make your home a less desirable target for roaches:
- Keep all trash receptacles sealed: Garbage provides cockroaches with everything they need to live, food, shelter, and water. Therefore, keep your bins and dumpsters locked when not in use (including outdoors).
- Store your food correctly: Roaches will instinctively build nests where they find reliable food sources. Open boxes, bags, and other food containers will give them more than enough reasons to reside in your home.
- Eliminate leaking water fixtures: Roaches don't need much water to stay alive and can make do with leaking pipes or faucets. Eliminating these water sources will make your home less hospitable to these and other pests.
Knowing how to deter cockroaches is the best way to prevent an infestation. That's why we offer inspection services throughout the Fort Myers area. As a result, we can spot the signs of a cockroach infestation and identify the factors that could soon lead to one.
The Best Way To Get Rid of Roaches In Your House
The best defense against roaches is smart prevention methods, but knowing the best way to kill cockroaches is vital when that fails (or if you implement them too late). Let Stat Pest Control take the guesswork out of extermination. Rather than gamble on over-the-counter products or waste time with home remedies, let our professional exterminators work with you to use safe, proven tools and methods to stop infestations in their tracks. Contact us today to learn more about how we can protect you and your home!