It's no secret that termites can cause devastating damage. Here in Florida, it is imperative to be proactive when dealing with termites; we have more than any other state. If you see evidence of termites in your Fort Myers home, immediately contact a termite removal company like Stat Pest Control.
Founded by healthcare service professionals, Stat Pest Control is the premier provider of pest control in Fort Myers. We know how important it is to keep your home safe, and we help you eliminate pest problems.
We are experts in termite extermination and removal, and we can help you identify and eliminate any potential termite problem lurking in your home. If you're concerned about a termite problem in your home, please call us today. We'll be happy to discuss your options and provide a customized solution.
Clear Signs Of A Termite Infestation In Your Home
Termites are one of the most destructive pests in the world. They cause billions of dollars in damage to homes and businesses every year, and here in the Sunshine State, they can't get enough of our warm weather and humidity.
Stay proactive and be on the lookout for these clear signs of termites in your Fort Myers home:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home: This is one of the telltale signs of a termite infestation and often the first you will notice. Termites build these tubes to protect themselves from the sun and predators as they travel back and forth between their nests and your home. Look for thin, straw-like tubes running up and down the sides of your home, especially around windows and doors.
- Wooden beams that sound hollow when you tap on them: Termites eat wood from the inside out, so by the time you hear them, they've already done much damage. Call us at Stat Pest Control immediately if you tap on a beam in your home that sounds hollow. We'll send someone to take a look and confirm whether or not you have a problem.
- Winged insects in or around your home: While not all winged insects are termites, some are. If you see what looks like a termite flying around inside or outside your home, there's a good chance you have an infestation. These winged insects are called "swarmers" and are part of termites' reproductive caste. They leave their nests to mate and start new nests. If you see swarmers, it's time to call an exterminator right away.
Termites are destructive pests that can cause severe damage to your home if left unchecked. At the first sign of termites, it's crucial to take action and contact a professional pest control company like Stat Pest Control. We'll be able to determine if active termites are infesting your home and provide you with an effective solution to eliminate them and prevent future infestations. Call us today to learn more.
Why Termites Infest And Destroy Wooden Structures
You're likely aware of the destruction termites can cause to wooden structures, and homes are not the only buildings at risk. Any building with wood components is vulnerable to termite infestation, and once these pests have set up shop, they can be challenging to eliminate. But why are termites so destructive?
The answer is simple - termites need cellulose to survive, and wood is the perfect source. Termites have a complex digestive system that allows them to feed on wood and other cellulose sources and survive on very little food per day. Even a small colony of termites can do much damage in a short time.
Termites also prefer dark and damp areas, so they're often attracted to poorly ventilated basements and crawl spaces. They can make their way up through your home's walls, floors, and other wood components in search of food.
If you suspect termites are infesting your property, you must immediately call a pest control professional. Ignoring the problem will not make it go away and only worsen as time goes on. Not only can termite damage be unsightly, but it can also compromise your property's structural integrity and risk your safety. In some cases, repairing termite damage can be very costly, so it's best to nip the problem in the bud as soon as possible.
Stat Pest Control is here to help. We are the fastest-growing pest control company in Fort Myers. Our clients love our fast response times, reliable services, and affordable rates. We specialize in termite removal and prevention, so we are the team to call if you have a termite problem. Contact us today to learn more about our termite control services in Fort Myers or to request a free estimate.
Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
Many homeowners are surprised to learn that termites have preferences, and certain factors can attract them to a Fort Myers home. If your home has any of these factors, it could be an open invitation for termites to come in and infest your structure:
- Wood that touches the ground: One of the ways that termites gain access to homes is by tunneling through wood that is in contact with the ground. If you have any wood near your foundation or touching the soil in your yard, it's time to move it. Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your house and elevate it off the ground if possible. If you have mulch next to your foundation, consider removing it or replacing it with gravel.
- Leaky pipes and fixtures: Moisture attracts termites, and leaky pipes and fixtures invite them to move in. Fix leaks around your home as soon as possible, and watch for any signs of moisture build-up (including water stains on walls or ceilings). If you have a crawl space, make sure it's well-ventilated to help keep humidity levels down.
- Cracks in your foundation or exterior walls: Another way termites gain home access is through cracks in foundations or exterior walls. Inspect your foundation regularly for cracks or gaps, and seal any that you find with caulk or expanding foam sealant. Be sure to repair any damage to your siding or trim promptly; termites can easily squeeze through tiny spaces.
- An abundance of vegetation: Vegetation close to your house provides food and shelter for termites, and most yards in Fort Myers have plenty of both. Consider trimming tree branches or shrubs that touch your home and keeping bushes at least 18 inches away from your foundation. You should also remove any dead trees or stumps from your property; they're just another food source for termites.
No one wants termites in their home, but many of these household features draw these pests. Get a jump start on preventing an infestation by following the tips above, and be sure to call a pest control professional if you notice any signs of a termite problem in your home. Stat Pest Control is here to help; we provide a range of services to target these wood-destroying insects. Contact us today for more information about our residential and commercial pest control services in Fort Myers or to request a free estimate.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Termites In Your Home
Termites in Fort Myers are not a pest you can ignore; they can cause severe damage to wooden structures over time and are notoriously hard to eliminate. The best way to take care of your termite problem quickly and effectively is to call a termite control professional immediately. Stat Pest Control has several years of experience dealing with termites, and we can provide you with the most effective solutions.
We offer a wide range of pest control services, including termite inspections, treatments, and prevention plans. We treat our customers like family and care for your home like ours. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and competitive prices.
We also use the latest technologies to ensure that your home is free from termites and other pests for years to come. Our experienced technicians will inspect your property and identify any problem areas, then recommend an appropriate treatment plan to eradicate the infestation as quickly as possible. We'll also inform you about steps to implement to prevent future infestations and help keep your home safe all year.
Don't put off dealing with your termite problem - call Stat Pest Control today and get the help you need. We'll work hard to ensure that your home is free from these destructive pests.